Twilio Node 4 has been released! It includes several improvements and features including improved security, better performance, and new functionality to make it easier to use.
You can install it today with npm via
npm install twilio-node@latest or download it from our releases website. Continue reading for details about this release.
What do you need to know?
The latest release of Twilio Node, version 4., brings a host of improvements and new features that will make working with Twilio even more seamless and efficient. Here’s a quick rundown of what’s new:
- The source code is now written in TypeScript, providing a more robust and reliable development experience.
- We’ve removed large dependencies to reduce bundle size by 31%, making the SDK more lightweight and performant.
- Lazy loading is now enabled by default to improve performance and reduce memory usage.
- Our API is more organized, thanks to the adoption of the OpenAPI specification.
- Contributing to the SDK is now easier than ever. Our code generation tool is now open source and readily available for use.
Want to learn more? Check out our Upgrade Guide for detailed information on the changes and how to upgrade.
Why use the Twilio Node Helper?
The Node.js library offers new functionality and takes advantage of modern language features.
Here are a few reasons why we believe using an official Twilio Helper makes it easier, safer, and more efficient to build with Twilio.
- Automatic serialization and deserialization: no more converting raw string or byte content into objects. All the error, return, and request types are included in the SDK.
- Authentication made easy: our helper library provides the logic to authenticate with Twilio's API with ease.
- All of Twilio's APIs at your fingertips: leverage all of Twilio's APIs through the helper, and easily extend your integration as your needs grow.
- Request validation: our helper library helps ensure that incoming requests are coming from Twilio and not unknown actors.
- Pagination support: automatically handle pagination across collections, such as messages and calls.
Try it out!
We can’t wait to see all the amazing things you’ll build with Twilio’s Node Helper Library 🚀.
If you want to provide feedback to our team, reach out to me via email at gjones[at]twilio.com.