Operators: we’ve got a new mission for you. Accept it, and you could be on your way to the NBA Finals.
How many of you grew up playing NBA Jam? Well, in case you missed it, we’re gearing up to launch TwilioQuest 3, a top-down role-playing game inspired by the classics of the 16-bit era, playable on desktop PCs. And, in the nostalgic spirit of 16-bit and with our excitement for the NBA Finals, we want to give one lucky winner 2 tickets to see the Toronto Raptors vs the Golden State Warriors on June 5.
Here’s what to do:
Any authenticated users who access the mission between May 31 and 3 PM PT on June 4, 2019 will be entered to win. Winner will be announced here on June 4 at 3:30 PM PT.
* UPDATE: Congratulations to our winner, Jeremy J. And thanks to all who participated! *
TwilioQuest Finals Battle Sweepstakes Official Rules
No Purchase Necessary. A purchase will not increase your chances of winning.
- SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD. The Sweepstakes ends at 3:00 p.m. PDT on June 4, 2019 (the “Sweepstakes Period”).
- HOW TO ENTER. To participate, During the Sweepstakes Period, Entrant must create an account at http://www.twilio.com. Once the account is created, Entrants can access www.twilio.com/quest and select the Hack for NBA Finals 2019 mission. Entrants are encouraged, but not required to complete the mission for entry into the Sweepstakes.
Limit one (1) entry per natural person.
All entries must be received no later than 3:00 p.m. PDT on June 4, 2019, according to the computer time on Sponsor’s server. Sponsor is not responsible for late, incomplete, void, corrupted, garbled, misdirected, or otherwise unintelligible entries and for any problems, bugs or malfunctions Entrants may encounter when submitting their entries. Incomplete, garbled, corrupted or otherwise illegible entries are void and will not be accepted. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify false entries or entries suspected of being false and to disqualify any Entrant it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or violating these Official Rules. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a winner, the winner will be deemed to be the authorized account holder of the Twitter account used to enter.
- ODDS. Odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION OF SELECTED ENTRANT. On or about June 4, 2019, Sponsor will randomly select a winning Entrant from among all eligible entries received (“Selected Entrants”). The Selected Entrant will be notified using the information Entrant provided when registering with Twilio, within twenty-four (24) hours of Drawing Date (“Notification”). The Selected Entrant will be required to respond immediately (as directed) within twenty-four (24) hours of attempted Notification. Due to time constraints, alternate winners will not be drawn. The Selected Entrant may be sent a declaration of eligibility / liability / publicity release (“Release”). Except where prohibited by law, the Release will state that Selected Entrant agrees to allow Sponsor to use (without additional compensation) his or her name, address, photograph, testimonial, likeness and/or biographical information for purposes of advertising and promotion (including, without limitation, posting on Sponsor’s website(s) and affiliated website(s)). Selected Entrant may also be required to provide name, U.S. Social Security Number (for tax form purposes), birth date, current address, and phone number. Unless restricted by law, the Selected Entrant will be required to complete and return the Release within the time period specified therein. Selected Entrant will receive the Prize via electronic mail. Sponsor shall not be responsible for lost, destroyed, misdirected, or incomplete Releases. The prize may be forfeited, and in such case, an alternate Selected Entrant may be randomly selected from among the remaining eligible entries if the Selected Entrant: (i) cannot be reached; (ii) does not respond to the Notification in a timely manner as required pursuant to these Official Rules; (iii) fails to obtain all signatures on the Release and to return the documents in a timely manner as required pursuant to these Official Rules; or (iv) cannot accept or receive the prize for any reason. Non-compliance with these Official Rules may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate Selected Entrant. Sponsor may not make multiple attempts to contact Selected Entrant.
- PRIZE. If eligible under these Rules, one (1) Selected Entrants will be awarded two (2) tickets to the NBA Finals 2019 game on June 5, 2019, only for the dates outlined in these rules. Approximate Retail Value of each prize (“ARV”): [$2,000]. Total ARV[$2,000]. Tickets are for NBA Finals 2019 tickets in Oakland, California on June 5, 2019.
- PRIZE CONDITIONS. Prize cannot be used on any other date except the date listed on the ticket. Winner is solely responsible for transportation to and from event location and for any other costs associated with attending the performances. No substitution, transfer, or cash redemption of prize permitted, provided however that Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize with another prize of equal or greater value should the advertised prize become unavailable for any reason. Selected Entrant cannot assign or transfer their prize to another person or business. All activities related to the prize are at the Selected Entrant’s own risk, as defined below, and subject to whatever restrictions are imposed by the entities that govern such activities. If prize notification or any prize is returned as undeliverable, or if Selected Entrant may not accept or receive a prize for any reason, prize will be forfeited.
All federal, state or other tax liabilities (including income taxes) arising from this Sweepstakes will be the sole responsibility of Selected Entrant and Selected Entrant may be issued an IRS Form 1099 for the ARV of any awarded prize. This Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws of the United States. By participating, Selected Entrant agrees to be fully and unconditionally bound by these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions and waives any right to claim ambiguity in the Sweepstakes or these Official Rules. Selected Entrant also agrees to release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor, and its officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents (collectively “Releasees”) from and against any claims, damages, disability, attorneys' fees, and costs of litigation and settlement, as well as any liability due to any injuries, damages or losses to any person (including death) or property of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from: (i) use, redemption, acceptance, possession, ownership, or misuse of any prize, (ii) participation in any activity, event, or excursion offered in connection with the prize, (iii) use of any facility, service and/or accommodation related to the prize, or (iv) participation in any Sweepstakes-related activity or participation in this Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any Entrant it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or violating these Official Rules, and reserves the right at its sole discretion to terminate the Sweepstakes and, if terminated, at its discretion, select the potential winner(s) in a random drawing from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to action taken. Sponsor shall not be liable for: (i) late, lost, delayed, void, corrupted, misdirected, incomplete unreadable, inaccurate, garbled or unintelligible entries, communications or declarations, regardless of the method of transmission; (ii) telephone system, telephone or computer hardware, software or other technical malfunctions, bugs, lost connections, disconnections, delays or transmission errors Sweepstakes Entrants may encounter when submitting their entry; (iii) data corruption, theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alteration of entry or other materials; (iv) any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by the prize or resulting from acceptance, possession or use of a prize, or from participation in the Sweepstakes; or (v) any printing, typographical, administrative or technological errors in any materials associated with the Sweepstakes. Caution: any attempt to deliberately damage or undermine the legitimate operation of the sweepstakes may be in violation of criminal and civil laws and will result in disqualification from participation in the Sweepstakes. Should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages (including attorney fees) to the fullest extent of the law, including criminal prosecution.
- DISPUTES. Disputes regarding these Official Rules and/or this Sweepstakes will be governed by the internal laws of the State of California. By entering, Entrant consents to jurisdiction in the federal and state courts of the Northern District of the State of California for the resolution of any and all disputes.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS. By participating, Entrants agree to be fully and unconditionally bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor and waive any right to claim ambiguity in the Sweepstakes or these Official Rules. Any portion of the Sweepstakes may be canceled, suspended and/or modified, in whole or in part, if in Sponsor’s opinion any fraud, technical failure or other factor beyond our control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who is found to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules, or to be acting in an un-sportsman-like or disruptive manner, or with the intent to disrupt or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes, or to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, and Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to terminate the Sweepstakes and, if terminated, at its discretion, select the potential winner in a random drawing from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to action taken. Entrants may not enter with multiple identities or use any automated system, bot or other device or artifice to enter or obtain more than the maximum number of qualified entries. Unclaimed Prizes will not be awarded.
- PUBLICITY. Except where prohibited by law, the Selected Entrant's acceptance of the Prize constitutes permission for Sponsor to use said Selected Entrant's full name, social media handles, photographs, likeness, statements, biographical information, voice, and city and state address for promotional or advertising purposes in connection with the Sweepstakes on a worldwide basis, and in all forms of media, now or hereafter known, in perpetuity, without review, permission or further compensation, including without limitation on Sponsor and its affiliates’ program(s), website(s) and social media page(s).
- WINNER’S LIST AND SWEEPSTAKES RULES. For a copy of these Official Rules or of the winner(s), send your request in a self-addressed, stamped envelope (VT residents need not affix return postage) to: The Twilio NBA Finals 2019 Hack Sweepstakes, c/o Twilio, Inc., 375 Beale Street, Suite 300, San Francisco, CA 94105, United States. Request must be received within 90 days of the end of the Sweepstakes. Winners will also be listed at http://www.twilio.com/blog/twilioquest-finals-battle for 120 days.
© 2019 Twilio, Inc. All rights reserved.