What is SHAKEN/STIR and
why does it matter?
Increase call answer rates for trusted callers.
SHAKEN/STIR is a protocol mandated by the FCC to combat the rise in unwanted robocalls and unlawful caller ID spoofing. When adopted, carriers can present a trust indicator, like “Caller Verified,” to recipients’ phones.
Stop telephone hijacking with near-instant traceback.
Fraudsters that illegally spoof caller IDs won’t be trusted in the SHAKEN/STIR ecosystem. If a caller abuses SHAKEN/STIR, they will be held accountable with near-instant traceback by regulatory groups and law enforcement.
Improve the reputation of your calls
The SHAKEN/STIR attestation given to calls is an important input to call analytic companies that service providers use to determine if a call should ring the handset as “Caller Verified” or “Potential Spam,” go straight to voicemail or get blocked.
Increase trust and transparency in
Restore the value of voice
- Customers can see that your call has been authenticated with a check mark or “Caller Verified” trust indicator
- You can improve the reputation score of your phone calls and give customers a reason to start picking up the phone again
- Get verified on all your channels, including voice, with Trust Hub
Partnering with a leader in trusted communication
- Twilio is on the board of directors and co-chairs the Robocalling and Communication ID Spoofing group for the Alliance for Telecommunications Industry Solutions (ATIS)
- ATIS, the Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF), and the SIP Forum (Session Initiation Protocol) partnered to author the SHAKEN/STIR specifications
- We’re committed to eradicating illegal spoofing and illegal robocalling so you can reach your customers
Let’s build the future of communications together